Thursday, April 2, 2009

got me in the arm

Today I went down to the county health departmet and had a consultation with the nurse.  She told me about all of the health risks of going to Ghana, and gave me all sorts of reccomendations and precautions.  These include: 
  • do not swim in fresh water (there are parasites)
  • do not go near small mammals (rabies)
  • drink ONLY bottled or purified water (NO ice allowed)
  • take "insect precautions" (lots of diseases come from mosquitoes)
  • wear sunscreen
And then I got 3 shots in the arm: 
Surely it will be worth it! (Only 42 more days).

4 comments:

aly said...

I can't stand shots. I have nightmares when I have to go to the doctor (or the dentist) and get shots. So I am feeling for you on the shot thing but...I do not want you to get any diseases or bugs or parasites so "shots away!"
BRFB POD etc.
Mom

brittney perry said...

brynn. the last time the doctor told me he was going to test me for mono, I burst into tears in UNDER 10 SECONDS. They stole my blood and I didn't even have mono. I was crying before he ever left the room. I don't do needles well.

Jones Family said...

Is your arm sore?! I'm getting so excited for you! And I second the sunscreen thing...

Spence said...

She's tough, didn't even cry. She's gonna be great at showering with a bucket, drinking water with cooties in it, and enjoying food of unknown origin. She's in this for the right reasons and I know she'll do whatever it takes.