Thursday, April 30, 2009

two weeks and counting

It is getting closer.  This week I've been stocking up on stuff for Africa: 
Bryttin had the brilliant idea of going to BigLots where they have lots of inexpensive individually wrapped food.  (The best deal of the day?  Luna bars for 70 cents).  Even after filling up an entire cart, mom reminded me that I'll be gone for almost 3 months, and it probably wouldn't be enough.  Anyone up for a trip to Costco?

I also bought some shirts (The DownEast Warehouse is fantastic... the shirts were another great steal!  I'm learning from the best-- aka Brytt).  At our last meeting, they said that shirts with a little spandex would take shape better than a regular cotton shirt.  They said that when you wash your clothes for the first few times, your knuckles bleed from scrubbing so hard.  Oh, yes.  

The packing process has yet to begin, but I borrowed Bret's big suitcases from the mission.  I'm allowed two 50-pound suitcases, plus a carry on/"personal item."  (When I went to England, I had to have a HEAVY tag... none of that this time!)  I'll have to keep that in mind as I start packing within the next couple of weeks.  

Second round of immunizations on Saturday....

5 comments:

brittney perry said...

my question is: what the freak is the point in washing your clothes if you are just going to bleed all over them?

Jones Family said...

i'm all over the bargain shopping! let's head to costco!

Grandpa & Grammy said...

Iat appears that there is some "sweets" in the bag! Be sure to get the recipe for the fufu? Have a marvelous time

Unknown said...

Don't forget to leave space (a.k.a weight) in your 50-lb allotment!

Grover said...

You leave in less than 24 hours! Good Luck!