Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Keep Giving

Now that I am back in America, Africa is a distant-- yet extremely fond-- memory.  I think about my students often, and relish the few moments I have had with the other volunteers since we've been back. 

I still love teaching.  And boy, is it a different ball game in America!  But while we are on the subject....

A few months ago, I had an email in my inbox from SOHI explaining about a new project they are working on: a computer lab at the School for the Deaf in Ghana.  Words cannot express the avenues that having computer skills could pave for those beautiful African students.  I was determined to jump on board.  And luckily, so did my third graders. 

ANNOUNCING:

The FRIENDS to FRIENDS Concert
at Canyon Rim Academy
February 3, 2010
7:00 pm

Please come to see my class put on a little benefit concert in an effort to earn money for a laptop to give to Signs of Hope International.  They have been working really hard, and it is sure to be a wonderful time!  Call or email me for the address and more details. 

1 comment:

Grover said...

What a great way to help your former students and teach your current ones about reaching within to help those less fortunate.