Wednesday, May 27, 2009

quickie

Hey all--
I only have a couple more minutes to tell you about all the amazing things in Africa this week. My dad will fill in the rest, hopefully.

HIGHLIGHTS:
The Wood District in Aburi- I am thrilled with all of the cool African stuff I have found at the Wood District, including... a DRUM! It is just a road with little shacks on the side, each one filled with all kinds of cool carvings, bags, drums, leatherwork, etc. The shop owners must be bargained with, or else they rip you off! I am not so good at that, but slowly improving.

The Botanical Gardens- We visited the gardens on Monday because there was no school. Beautiful African foliage! We took tons of pictures.

The Schools- I am in love with the students here, even though every day is hard.

Viva la Africa! More next week....

3 comments:

Grover said...

It sounds like you are having a fun time. Keep up the hard work and enjoy your time there!

Jones Family said...

It's so great to hear about all the good and the bad of this African experience! I can't wait to hear you play the drum! :)

Grandpa & Grammy said...

Can't wait to see the pictures